Monday 6 June 2016

Hoola-la



I think you'd be hard pushed to find someone who doesn't have Benefit Hoola bronzer in their makeup collection. This staple product has become everyone's go to bronzer/contour colour. So when they released a new Spring 2016 Hoola collection I couldn't wait to try some of the new products. I recently picked up the Hoola Zero Tan Lines Body Bronzer. It claims to be a smooth, non-sticky body bronzer that glides on hands-free thanks to the handy little sponge applicator that comes with it. It's transfer-resistant and streak free with a buildable colour.


Firstly the packaging is gorgeous! With a beautiful bronze cap, that comes with a pull-out sponge applicator and a tropical print on the tube, it really does look Hoola-la. I squeezed the product on the sponge as directed and worked it on my arm in circular motions. With one application, I really didn't notice much of a difference so I added a second layer to build up the coverage. I found it really quite difficult to blend the product into my arm and as soon as I felt that I had worked in one area of my arm, another patch seemed to become flaky. I think you could probably get a nice coverage if you have the time to buff it in for a while, but I wanted a tan that was quick and easy. After two applications I did notice more of a difference but I wasn't completely satisfied that it looked streak-free.


After about an hour of applying the tan, when washing my hands some water dripped down my arm which washed away the tan leaving a very noticeable white stripe! Although I know the tan washes off in the shower, I didn't expect it to come off that easily! I ended up washing the tan off as I really couldn't rock up to work with zebra stripes!! For almost £20 a bottle, this bronzer definitely won't be becoming a staple product in my bathroom cabinet anytime soon. 



Benefit Hoola Zero Tan Lines Body Bronzer £19.50 - (You can buy it here)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Get Ready To Glow . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig