Saturday 24 September 2016

Kat Von D Beauty at Debenhams



I'm beyond excited that Kat Von D Beauty is now available at Debenhams. I've heard so many great things in the beauty community about her products and have been lusting after the Lolita lipstick for months now! I was in Paris a few weeks ago but unfortunately they don't stock her products at Sephora France so as soon as I saw the release date for her range at Debenhams I knew I had to order them right away.

Famous for her sleek, edgy packaging and high pigment, full coverage range there were a few products that have become cult favourites that I knew I definitely wanted to order. 

The first thing I picked up was the Kat Von D 'London Calling' makeup set. I was drawn to this because it contains mini versions of beauty favourites and will give me an idea of what I like and what I don't before I order the full size versions. The kit contains a mini studded 1.2g lipstick in the shade 'Lolita', a mini 'Everlasting' liquid lipstick in 'Double Dare' and a mini waterproof tattoo liner in 'Trooper'. The set retails for £19.50. 

Lolita is a beautiful muted, medium-dark rosy plum shade which I've wanted to get my hands on in forever! Her studded kiss lipstick range is available in 39 shades from starlet reds and baby pinks to glittery blacks. They promise to deliver long-lasting and comfortable wear thanks to being infused with vitamins A,C and E. I just hope Lolita lives up to my very high expectations!



Double-Dare liquid lipstick is described as a "medium-dark coral pink with warm undertones and a matte finish". I have already worn this once and I have to say, I'm impressed! With one coat it was a pretty opaque coverage and was still going strong after 8 hours of wear. As do most liquid lipsticks, it did feel a little drying but I didn't notice this until after wearing it for around 5 hours. I will definitely be trying out more shades from this range.  



Now I'm not a huge fan of eyeliner and because I'm out my house by 6:45am I don't want the hassle of faffing around trying to slay a winged eyeliner. I do need one in my collection though and instead of buying multiple brands to try out, I want an eyeliner that is reliable, long wearing and waterproof as the only time I will really be wearing it is for nights out or special occasions. It's great that this kit contains a mini version so I can try it out first before committing to buying a full size tube. 'Trooper' eyeliner claims to have a super fine and flexible brush tip that allows easy and fluid application that stays all day. It sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for so I will keep you posted on my thoughts!



I love my W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Invisible Powder for setting my under-eyes but I love trying out new brands and was on the hunt for something new. Step forward Kat Von D! The 'Lock-It' setting powder claims to be a light weight setting powder that weighs 30% less than other powders on the market meaning NO chalkiness. It also contains Micro-Blurring Technology to help diffuse fine lines and pores. It's silky and non-drying which means it's great for under-eye baking. It's translucent but not stark white and has a lovely subtle banana shade which will hopefully help brighten my dull under-eyes. Could this be my new favourite?



Have you tried anything from the Kat Von D Beauty range? Is there a product you're dying to get your hands on? I'd love to know in the comments below. 

Have a great weekend,












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Get Ready To Glow . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig