Saturday 1 October 2016

Five Reasons To Look Forward To Autumn


I love summer - I adore laying out in the sun, my hair getting lighter and my skin getting darker. Unfortunately we don't see it much in the North East of Scotland but I try to enjoy it while I can. But there's something about Autumn that makes it my favourite season. The changing colours of the leaves, the crisp, sunny mornings and the cosy evenings in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate. To me, it's the most romantic season of the year and I'm so looking forward to it! Here's why..

1. Cosy clothing - Bring on the autumnal scarves and the oversized cardies! I love my autumn wardrobe. No need to worry about silky, smoothly shaved legs anymore! I love cosying up in sweats and a woolly jumper on my lazy days off. 


2. Shorter days - This might not necessarily be a good thing for a lot of people but I'm a bit of a night owl and love the dark evenings. Autumn also brings cooler, crisper mornings which means I'm not as much of a hot, sweaty mess walking to work! The earlier nights also mean cosying up with a good book (or in my case, Netflix!) with a cup of hot chocolate every night and not feeling in the slightest bit guilty. 

3. Changing colours - My mum lived abroad for 3 years and when I asked her what she missed most about home she said it was the changing of the seasons. I'm lucky enough to live in an area that is surrounded by trees and one of my favourite things about this time of year is watching them change. I love walking through them, kicking them everywhere and collecting conkers... yes I'm a big kid at heart!

4. Halloween and Bonfire Night - Pumpkins, sweets, Hocus Pocus and dressing up. What's not to love about Halloween? It's a free pass to generally act like a child all day! And as for Bonfire night - well what might have started off as a sinister plot to blow up parliament is now one of the most enjoyable nights of the year. Get your scarves, sparklers and toffee apples at the ready

5 - TV - It's far too cold for a night on the razzle so it's a good job autumn sees the return of Strictly Come Dancing and The X-Factor to get us through those colder nights eh?


What are you most looking forward to this Autumn?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Get Ready To Glow . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig