Monday 5 September 2016

Urban Decay Foundation Review


So finally it was time that us beauty junkies in the UK could pick up the foundation everyone and their mum has been talking about - The new Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation. I was literally counting down the days until it's release date in Debenhams and rushed to get my hands on it. 

I love finding a new foundation and I've been on a bit of a roll recently with the Make Up Forever HD Foundation Stick and the Too Faced Born This Way foundation - both of which I absolutely love. Could this be the third foundation in a row that I've fallen for?

The All Nighter Foundation claims to be a full-coverage foundation with a matte finish that never looks overdone. While Naked Skin complexion products are demi-matte, the All Nighter is a completely matte foundation. It also contains 3 times as much pigment as the Naked Skin products so a little bit goes a long way. It claims to be waterproof and comes in 24 different shades. It retails at £27 for 1.0 fl oz. 

I picked up mine in the shade 4.5 which I was a little surprised at as she matched me up at the counter and .5 shades are for people with a pinky undertone and .0 shades are designed for those with more yellow undertones. They have released shades in .25 for those of you with neutral undertones but this was not available at my Debenhams in shade 4.25. The foundation itself is housed in a beautiful, edgy gunmetal bottle with asymmetric cutouts. I also took home a small sample tub of the foundation so if the shade didn't match I could return my product. Because this is a matte foundation and at the moment I have dry skin, I would highly recommend properly priming your face with moisturiser and a hydrating primer. I applied a few dots all over my face and blended it out with a beauty blender. I did notice that the foundation started to dry pretty quickly which can make blending it out a bit tricky. I agree that this is a full coverage foundation and a little bit goes a long way. After I applied it, I did notice that it oxidizes quite a bit so unfortunately this wasn't a good match for my skin tone. I wore it throughout the day and didn't feel the need to set it with a powder. It is definitely a matte finish but I didn't get the opportunity to test if it was waterproof or not. I took my foundation off after wearing it for 6 hours and even though I hadn't set it, the foundation hadn't budged a bit. 

Overall, this is an impressive foundation but I will have to return it due to the colour shade not matching and after it had oxidized, it looked two-three shades darker. I'm not sure whether it's because my skin is dry at the moment, but the foundation seemed to cling to my dry areas and almost looked cakey on my skin. It definitely lives up to it's claims of being a foundation you could wear all night and it is very high coverage. If you have oily skin, I can imagine you would love this. It is a great foundation but unfortunately just not for me. 

Have you tried out the Urban Decay Foundation? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear in the comments below. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Get Ready To Glow . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig